Public Health England's advise regarding Wuhan Novel Coronavirus:
The advice to the public is to call NHS 111 now if they have been:
• If you have returned from these specific areas since February 19th, you should call NHS111 and self-isolate even if you do not have symptoms:
• Specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy as designated by the Government of Italy
• Special care zones in South Korea as designated by the Government of the Republic of South Korea
• Hubei province (as previously noted)
• If you have returned from these areas since February 19th and develop symptoms, however mild, you should self-isolate at home immediately and call NHS111. You do not need to self-isolate if you have no symptoms.
• Northern Italy (defined by a line above, and not including, Pisa, Florence and Rimini),
• Those who have returned from previously identified geographic areas within the past 14 days and develop symptoms, however mild, should self-isolate at home immediately and call NHS111.
'NEWS: Extended Access' appointments - including Sunday morning video consultations
Following a National Government initiative from 1st September 2018 extra appointments will be offered across the whole of East Staffordshire, including evening and weekend appointments.
Additionally a new on line digital service for over 18s only will be available on Sunday mornings where appointments will be offered with a GP via the Q Doctor App. Posters will be available in the surgery shortly; please click on this link for further details https://www.qdoctor.io/
All 18 practices across East Staffordshire are participating in this extended access service. For further information please contact the surgery reception. Please note: these appointments are not available to book online using Patient Access
For further information follow the link below:
Walking for health
The Walking for Health group meet at the entrance to the surgery car park every Wednesday morning. The walk starts at 10.45am and lasts for approximately 60 minutes. Booking is not required, you can just turn up on the day. For more information please visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of letters
Please note, as of June 2018 reception staff will be asking for photographic identification before giving out any letters that have been requested. If letters are being collected on your behalf, please inform the surgery before hand.
On the 30 May 2018 EMIS have upgraded the on line system that you use to make appointments, order repeat prescriptions and view your test results and medical records. As part of the upgrade you should now see a help button on the page which can take you through to help guidance and have access to a support centre. We have been aware of some problems being experienced but unfortunately the staff at the practice wont be able to assist with these issues. The practice has however contacted EMIS who provide this service to state that they need to sort out all issues being experienced asap.
Dispensary Answer phone Service
From 1st September 2017, as per CQC regulations, the answer phone service for the dispensary will be discontinued.
Alternative ways to order are:
- Registering for online access (Please speak to reception regarding this)
- Returning tear off slip, ticking items required, returning either by post or by leaving in the post box situated outside the front door of the health centre or the post box adjacent to the dispensary window.
If you require any further assistance please ask at the dispensary.
EmisWeb online services
We offer an online service for our patients so you can book your appointments and order your repeat prescriptions online at your convenience. You are also now able to view your test results and medical records online. Please contact reception for more information on this service.
Named Allocated GP
All patient's have a named allocated GP. Please contact the surgery on 01543 472202, should you wish to find out who your named allocated GP is.